November 21, 2011

Staff Pick

Every so often here at Repo we like to pick one record that we can all agree on as being the one thing we can't stop listening to. The one we pick today is.....

Psychic Teens - TEEN
(Golden Voyage)



Thank you Philadelphia! So many great bands are here in Philly and every time I come across a new one it makes me feel like I just ate an amazing slice of pizza.

The sound is a perfect pairing of the pounding psych stoner rock we love in Wooden Shjips and that Gothic-y rock sound of Bauhaus. Driving rhythm and waves of guitar make a perfect back drop to the vocals on this record. People will point out pretty fast that there is a sorta Ian Curtis sound there, but it's in a good way. Especially in songs where he extends his voice a little further like "Rose" or "Red". The rhythms these guys can come up with are fantastic in how unrelenting they can be. I've listened to these tracks a couple times today and I keep falling in love with these bass lines. An awesome band that I pumped to see what's going to come after this.



Check out their facebook for album samples. http://www.facebook.com/PsychicTeensNetwork

No comments: